1. Bro Julius Caesar from Horrible Histories:
2. Asterix, because obviously I spent most of my childhood reading Asterix cartoons http://www.asterix.com/the-a-to-z-of-asterix/characters/julius-caesar.html
3. This. Oh lawks, the memories:
4. Coriolanus jokes. I’ll Corio-YOUR… sorry sorry sorry
5. HOLY CRAP YOUNG MARLON BRANDO
6. Anything Eddie Izzard has ever said about Romans/Latin:
On the audio recording of Definite Article I had on my ipod he described the Cesar dog as a ‘small dog with bushy face’. Once I was listening to it on a train and just when it got to that line I felt something brush my leg. I looked down and a small dog with a bushy face looked up at me. It had slipped its lead and gone for a walk down the train under the seats. Obviously the first thought I had was EDDIE IZZARD IS MAGIC. (Eddie Izzard IS magic. Of course).
7. Cartoons, as usual:
Finally: one of my students alerted me to this today. I had forgotten it, as it’s shamefully long since I saw Mean Girls. It is, of course, glorious.